Due to increasing concerns regarding travel during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak we have amended our terms and conditions as well as our cancellation policy as below for Days At Sea Beach Lodge.
This should give our guests the opportunity to plan and book their incredible journey to visit us in Africa, safe in the knowledge that an amendment can be made to their lodge booking without cancellation penalties.
We still recommend and would insist that all guests take comprehensive personal travel insurance and that they check the schedule of included benefits thoroughly. Most insurance companies have an option to purchase an insurance plan with a 'cancel for any reason' clause which should cover any trip cancellations for pandemics. Current insurance plans that offer cancellation insurance may only cover this in the event the guest is physically quarantined.
Our staff have always followed a strict hygiene code and understand the importance of regular, consistent hand washing. As an extra precaution, we have added additional hand sanitizers in the public areas of our property and we have requested that our staff refrain from physical contact such as hand shakes, and to keep a respectful distance from guests.
New terms and conditions applies to all new bookings and provisional bookings in the system from 1st March 2020 up until 21st December 2020.
1. Should a guest of Days At Sea Beach Lodge not wish to travel on the dates due to the COVID- 19 outbreak, this booking may be amended and moved by up to 12 months at the same 2020 Rates.
2. Please note, only one amendment to travel dates may be made and should the season change to a higher season rate, the new rate will be applied and charged accordingly.
3. Amendments may only be made once on any booking and made up to 30 days prior to travel.
4. Outright cancellations of bookings with Days At Sea Beach Lodge;cancellations within 30 days prior to arrival; or cancellations due to the World Health Organisation issuing an advisory against traveling to South Africa will result in our standard terms and conditions and cancellation policies. Guests will be required to claim a refund from their travel insurance.
5. We have the right to alter these terms and conditions at any time and will send out notifications of these changes.
A 50% deposit has to be paid to confirm a booking. The balance is due 14 days prior to arrival.
100% cancellation fee of the total stay will be charged if the booking is cancelled 14 days or less prior to arrival. This also applies for a “No Show”. Paid deposits are not refundable.